Privacy Statement and Data Policy for 4Rivers Equipment, Inc.
Last updated: July 25, 2019
Types of Information & Data We Collect. 4Rivers may collect several types of information from and about you (collectively the “Information”), including:
- Personally identifiable information, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, physical location or coordinates, company and title, each classified as “Personal Information” as well as credit card or other financial information.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website or Platforms and usage details.
- Information generated, created, collected or stored by or in (i) the equipment (the “Equipment”) leased, rented, or purchased by you from 4Rivers, or (ii) any hardware or device interfacing with your Equipment, classified as “Machine Data.”
4Rivers collects this Information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through a Website or Platform, or from your equipment or devices via the JDLink™ Telematics Service, Service ADVISOR™, Fleet Intelligence™ or other similar services as provided herein. The Information collected on or through Websites or Platforms or through other interactions with 4Rivers, may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on a Website.
- Correspondence information, such as name, phone numbers, company and email addresses.
- Details of commercial transactions you carry out through a Website or Platform.
- Your search queries on a Website or Platform and usage/analytics of the same.
- Any product information that you view or download via our Platforms.
- Suggestions, questions, information, material or other content, collectively “Feedback”, posted on a Website or Platform.
How We Use Information & Data. We use Information to fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services related to your order, such as product delivery, maintenance and warranty service, and for any other lawful basis. We also use Information to provide you with communications and offers for products and services, including offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and location.
How We Store Information & Data. We store Information that we collect, create or customize on a customers’ behalf. The information is stored on a private 4Rivers Equipment server in a secure data center and the Websites and Platforms have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control; however, all security is subject to possible circumvention, and we cannot and do not provide any guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the security we employ or our ability to prevent third parties, acting unlawfully, from obtaining information that you provide to us.
When We Disclose Information & Data. We may share Information with our service providers to perform services on our behalf. We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose Information where needed to enforce our rights, protect our property, support external auditing and compliance, and when required to do so by law.
4Rivers may transfer Personal Information across borders in accordance with applicable law. We may transfer your Personal Information to several different countries. We implement legally compliant and appropriate safeguards to ensure the lawfulness and security of these transfers.
4Rivers may keep your information for so long as necessary to perform the purpose for which it was collected. We may retain information for longer, even after you stop using our products and services, to the extent reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain security, enforce our terms, resolve disputes and prevent fraud and abuse.
You represent and warrant that you have full right, title and interest, or the necessary permission, to grant 4Rivers the license to such Machine Data and you shall hold 4Rivers harmless from any third party claims arising from the 4Rivers use of the Machine Data. 4Rivers shall use commercially reasonable efforts to remove any of your Personal Information from the Machine Data when you return Equipment to 4Rivers. However, it is solely your responsibility to remove or delete Personal Information from the Machine Data, and you waive any and all claims, losses and damages against 4Rivers, arising from or related to, any of your Personal Information within the Machine Data.
Any purchases made on the Platforms are processed by Elavon. When you enter or provide your billing information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address to pay for equipment or services, we collect the information but Elavon processes it. Elavon is a PCI-compliant entity. 4Rivers does not store or maintain any financial information, unless you choose to store financial information in your user account. Rather, once your financial information is sent to Elavon for processing, 4Rivers no longer stores the information and awaits for Elavon informs us the transaction is complete and we will process the applicable transaction.
Children under the age of 13 may not give us their Personal Information. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on or through a Website or Platform or through any features/registration, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 4RIS@4RIVERSEQUIPMENT.COM.
Your rights regarding Personal Information.
- You may request access to your Personal Information as well as details on the processing of your Personal Information, such as what is collected and who may receive it. If we are unable to provide access within a reasonable timeframe, we will provide you with a date when the information will be provided.
- You may request changes or corrections to your Personal Information where it may be inaccurate or incomplete. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect or if such information is needed to continue to provide products and/or services to you. Some information, such as Feedback posted by you for public viewing on a Website, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
- You may request restriction or erasure of your Personal Information if you feel the processing is inaccurate, unlawful, and unnecessary or where you have objected to the processing. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. We may reject your request if such request would interfere with our legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information.
- You may have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information as well as a right to have it transferred to another data controller.
- You may withdraw your consent to processing for marketing purposes.
California resident additional privacy rights. California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send an email to 4RIS@4RIVERSEQUIPMENT.COM or write us at the address below.
Violations and Additional Policies. 4Rivers reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Websites or Platforms.
924 11th Street
Greeley, CO 80631